We publish content across our platform that focuses on creative talent, cross-pollination, and ingenuity. While we’re always interested in these subjects, we’re not restricted to them.
GRØSS is based in Los Angeles and has a global community, so remember that a local story will need to have a farther-reaching angle or takeaway be published.
Below are guidelines for pitching online stories to us; articles for print are commissioned separately.
Step 1: Read the guide before submitting to make sure your content is a good fit because wasting time sucks.
Step 2: Submit here.
General Content Guide:
— relating to visual exhibits/installations, projects, production (fine arts, film, sculpture, etc…)
- Studio visits (art studio, production studio, design studio, etc…)
- Include original photos with and without people
- Documenting any character defining items or objects
- Reviews — subject must be available to view for a minimum 10 days of submission date
- Artist profile/interview (written, video, or audio — must come with pictures)
- Collector, curator, or industry professional profile/interview
— generally, things for people in creative demographics
- Artist’s products (merch, prints, collaborations)
- Design focus products (homewares, accessories, collaborations)
- Studio tools/equipment reviews
— relating to musical performances, production, releases, discovery
- Lyrics insight or outlook - lead with the conclusion
- A closer look at the technique
- Genre or style compare/contrast
- Profile/interview — Influences, inspirations, and driving forces
— global & local happenings, live reporting, documentary, investigative reporting
- What makes this unique or notable?
- Who does this affect in the creative community?
- Where is this happening and for how long?
- Legal or business highlights (i.e. creative IP infringement, artist estates, services)
- Any plagiarism will get you banned.
- Only content that has a compelling answer to at least one of the following questions will be published:
- Why should GRØSS care?
- Does this relate to a GRØSS content category? (visual, goods, music, news)
- Tell us if this content is being submitted to other outlets.
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with submission details and images.
- Our team will then provide mailing details to ensure receipt.
- Mailed submissions WILL NOT BE RETURNED.